Monday, September 30, 2019

2 re-issues and a new album out today on Placenta Recordings!!!

The eve of October we have decided to drop 2 classic re-issues from 2009 (10 year anniversary!!!) and a brand new release from 2019. Here they are:

Scissor Shock - Rarities 2003​-​2008 (Placenta Recordings #045 - 2009)



Scissor Shock aka Adam Cooley was an nontraditional artist, filmmaker, and musician from Columbus, Indiana. We became online friends on Myspace around 2007 when I came across his music on some bizarre international net-labels and quickly downloaded everything I could. We started a regular dialogue in the glory days of cybergrind, and began collaborating on both releases and doing music together with my project Dental Work which was very little known at the time. I always looked up to his insane concepts, song titles, short & FAST "songs"...My parents didn't get it, most people didn't...But I knew this was something. Adam was taken from us a few years back from a sickness that none of us knew about. Patrick Harsh was able to go attend his funeral in Indiana, I was not, sadly...His work will always be a part of my soul, my mind, and my history...I doubt I would have gone in the sonic direction I went in if it wasn't for Scissor Shock...I mean Fuckin' A, Crucial Blast released one of his albums, if that says anything. None of his musical career was mentioned in his obituary, so it is our responsibility to inform you what a fucking legend he is...R.I.P. Adam <3

- Jay Watson
Dental Work/Placenta Recordings

Mustafio - A Taste Of Mustafio Vol. 1 Вкус на Мустафио Том първи (Re​-​Issue) (Placenta Recordings #061 - 2009 - 2019)



Broken saxophones drear in the distant NYC night while Mustafio soothes us with a bottle of cheap chardonnay with his stories of his life halfway between Bulgaria and Brooklyn...A classic release we put out back in 2009, finally available on CD after many requests for a re-pressing.

- Jay Watson

Dental Work/Placenta Recordings

Ogre - m i r r o r (Placenta Recordings #544 - 2019)



DRUGS & MUTILATION....
audio/visual provocateur
OGRE, know for his penchant for violence and necro-phallic deviancy, drenched in gore and dripping in angst. Hailing from the northwoods of Michigan, USA.

- Ogre

MANY MORE RELEASES, RE-ISSUES, AND BACK ORDERS GOING OUT IN OCTOBER...THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT AND PATIENCE FAM!!!

- Jay Watson




No comments:

Post a Comment